Let me join the masses and express my shock - how is it the end of 2014 already? What a year it has been! But here are 14 products which I have absolutely loved this year, for many reasons but all of them have been loved dearly.
- NARS Tinted Moisturiser in Groeland - I started using this tinted moisturiser in the summer and I haven't looked back since. Although now in the colder months I prefer something with more coverage, this is the best base I have used this year and I will definitely repurchase as soon as I run out. Groeland is definitely my shade when I'm a little tanned, but I can still get away with it in the winter so it's a win win situation. Light coverage, however more coverage than your typical tinted moisturiser, great range of shades and can easily suit all skin types.
- Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Khaki - By the time I got around to purchasing this at the beginning of the year, I had been lusting (actually dreamt about it numerous times) after it for a while and I am so happy with it. I have dedicated a whole post to it but it's the perfect everyday eyeshadow. The shade isn't to everyones taste but paired with a brown eyeliner and it changes it altogether.
- Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad in Orchid Daze - This has been on my eyes nearly every day for about four months now and I love it. The perfect mixture of purples and neutrals, perfect for green or brown eyes. They blend perfectly, last all day long with no creasing and can create both day and night looks.
- Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in Soft Brown - My brow product of choice, all day and every day! Soft Brown is the perfect shade for my brows, both when I have had them tinted and haven't. After using many brow pencils in the past, I've never come across one which is so natural looking on the brows and is such a fine nib.
- Bobbi Brown Nail Polish in Bordeaux - What is it with me and nail polishes named Bordeaux? Every single of them I have came across, I like, no matter what brand. This one is the perfect deep red shade which has been gracing my fingers and toes for the matter of weeks now. This one is from their Scotch on the Rocks collection, described as a deep rich red.
- Essie Nail Polish in Mademoiselle - When I have fancied a neutral nail, I have always gone to Mademoiselle. Described as a classic grown up pink, it looks brilliant on every one, but especially if you have a slight tan. Two coats of this and you have perfectly manicured looking nails. This is something I can imagine wearing on my wedding day.
- MAC Lipstick in Syrup - A lipstick I can wear every day with all different make up looks, a lipstick which can be applied without a mirror and it won't look weird. It's a cloudy pink, more on the plum side of things which isn't too dark. I bought it as my every day lipstick, as it's a darker shade of my natural lip colour.
- Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener in Light Peach - I don't like wearing really heavy concealer under my eyes but I still need coverage, so this is the perfect product for that. It instantly brightens the under eye area with a light coverage, as it's the same skincare benefits as the eye brightener cream.
- NARS Mie Kabuki Brush - Part of their Kabuki range, which are all hand made brushes, it's the perfect brush for all over powder or bronzer, which is what I use it for. It fits perfectly into the contours of the face and brilliant for all over bronzing. A great double dome design which deposits product evenly over the face.
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm - It's rare for me to use the same cleanser every single day without fail, but I have done exactly that with this one. Believe the hype with it, it's worth every penny and it's the best cleansing balm I have ever used. People are always shocked that I use this as more often than not, they assume that Clinique skincare isn't the best due to the history, but nowadays it's brilliant. It melts away make up on an evening and lightly cleanses the skin in the morning, such a good product. Fairly cheap product for how long it will last you, I've had mine for around 4 months and I'm around 3/4 my way through it.
- Kiehls Skin Rescuer - Another one of those products which I have used every day since getting it, possibly my all time favourite day moisturiser? I'm scraping the last bits out of the bottom and I have spoke about this many times so I won't go on too much. But suffering from redness, dehydrated skin, fatigue or blotchiness? You need this moisturiser. Light enough for all skin types, I have dry skin and it's enough hydration for the day time.
- Aesop Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste - I discovered this at the end of last year and since then, I have gone through two whole tubes. Double exfoliant in one as it contains lactic acid as well as fine quartz to scrub the dead skin away. I use this once a week after cleansing my skin and it helps keep away blemishes, as well as keeping the flaky skin at bay.
- Clinique Repairwear Lip Intensive Treatment - Did you guess that this was going to be featured? How can it not be! The best lip balm I have ever tried and I won't go back to using any other ones. It can be compared to By Terry Baume de Rose, without the hefty price tag and the rose scent. Just a brilliant lip balm which really does hydrate your lips.
- Bumble & Bumble Invisible Oil Hair Primer - I'm sure you heard the hype about the new Invisible Hair Oil range and it's all worth it, especially the primer. This is what I have been using on my hair when it's wet, as a heat protector and leave in conditioner before blow drying my hair. It helps protect hair against breakage, UV and heat so it's a great all in one.
So, what is your favourites from this 2014? Enable me some more!